Call 610-664-5231 or email:
JuiceMedica • 225 City Avenue • Suite 8
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Welcome to Juice Medica’s Revitalizing Juice Cleanse program and congratulations on your commitment to achieve and maintain great health and vitality that you deserve. The information, tools, and resources you will discover and put into use in this program are designed to empower you to adopt natural health therapies, food and conscious diet choices, and healthy lifestyle habits.
A 3-step protocol that includes a preparation period, followed by the actual juice cleanse, and a post-cleanse maintenance period has been created to simplify the Juice Cleanse program and maximize its effects.
Rules of Thumb for Juice Cleanse:
It's best to ease into your juice cleanse and prepare properly before you begin. It will help in the transition and make the cleanse less of a shock to your system.
A couple of days leading up to your juice cleanse, practice eating smaller portions. Eating only enough to satisfy you hunger leads to a healthy desire for good, nutritious foods.
It is best to avoid any supplements or medicines during the juice cleanse, unless they are essential.
The more you’ve depended on fast food, your morning coffee, or indulge in sweet deserts the longer you should consider to cleanse, which is where many of the most transformative benefits are experienced.
The best time for juice cleansing is over the weekend, when you are free of commitments and have enough time for adequate rest. Although the juice cleanse is effective at any time of the month, it should preferably coincide with the days when you can take some time off from your daily routine and focus on yourself. Don’t try to squeeze a cleanse in unless you can remove as many distractions from your work week as possible.
One must be prepared mentally before partaking in a juice cleanse. One has to have some discipline, commitment and inner determination to stick to the program. You will be most successful if you go into the program with a sense of purpose to achieve a healthy, inspired, peaceful life.
Try to relax and calm your mind every day for 20 minute by combining meditation with deep breathing, taking a short nap, reading, praying, or practicing positive self-affirmation for doing something great for your body.
1. One or two days prior to undergoing your juice cleanse, start to eliminate negative eating habits or unhealthy foods.
Less toxins going in means less toxins that have to come out.
You need to avoid the following foods and beverages:
• Nicotine (smoking or chewing).
• Soda (regular or low calorie), alcohol, coffee (regular or decaffeinated), Sports and energy drinks, chocolate, chewing gum.
•Tap water (chemically treated with chlorine, fluoride, and softeners)
• All fried foods (deep fried and pan fried)
• Polyunsaturated oils such as margarine, mayonnaise, vegetable oils, hydrogenated oils, and salad dressings
• Beans and glutinous grains, especially corn, wheat, and oats.
• Butter, cheese, and cream
• Fatty cuts of beef, liver, and other organ meats.
• Canned and processed meats (i.e. hot dogs, sausage, hamburgers, etc.)
• Shrimp, lobster, crab (and other shellfish and mollusks)
• Fruit juices (or even whole fruit in large quantities)
• Sugar (fructose corn syrup, maltose, dextrose, lactose, molasses, honey, and all products made with them), and never,
never consume the artificial sweeteners aspartame (Nutra Sweet/Equal) or sucralose
• Refined foods like white sugar and white flour products (white bread, cookies, cakes, candy, pasta)
• Processed foods that comes in a box or a package (chips, cereals, salty snacks, crackers)
If you have any questions regarding your diet, ask our nutritional staff for assist.
You need to eat and drink the following foods – Buy ‘organic’ if possible:
• Natural spring water (such as Evamor or Essentia) or distilled (take ½ of your body weight in ounces of water over the course of the day).
• Decaffeinated herbal tea, like Healthy Fasting (Yogi), Sweet & Spicy (Good Earth), lightly sweetened with stevia, agave, or saccharin (sweet N’ Low)
• Coconut water, non-dary nut milks, fermented drinks like coconut kefir
• Fat Free broth, bouillon, or consommé.
•Eat more vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables and dark leafy greens (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, watercress, kale, collards, spinach, parsley, chard, and other dark greens). Eat raw, steam or grill them. Add a little olive oil, garlic or onions for flavor.
• Nuts and Seeds (except peanuts, pistachios and cashews which contain afflatoxins).
• Whole low-sugar fruit (in small amounts).
• Organic, free-range eggs.
•I f you eat animal protein, only stick to free-range chicken or turkey and deep-cold water and non-farm-raised fish: tilapia, wild salmon, founder/sole, perch or whitefish ( baked or steamed)
• Legumes, including lentils and split peas (sold in bulk bins) that haven’t been stored a long time.
• Gluten-free organic grains, like quinoa, brown rice, millet, buckwheat, amaranth.
• Good-quality cold pressed virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, flax oil, borage oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil and evening primrose oil.
• Superfoods, like cacao, chia seeds, goji berries, maca powder, green powders, açai
• Sea vegetables, like dulse, wakame, nori, kelp, spirulina, chlorella, blue green
• Tofu or Tempeh
• Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan pink salt
• All herbs, especially turmeric, oregano, mint, cilantro, parsley, thyme
2. First thing in the morning drink a glass of warm water with touch of fresh lemon juice. It helps with alkalizing the body, and detoxing the digestive system and liver.
3. Make sure that you cleanse your colon before, during, or after you do a juice cleanse. Cleansing the colon through colon hydrotherapy is safe, gentle, and highly effective method to help expel accumulated waste and toxins as well as parasites and hardened mucus from the colon. Cleansing the colon ensure that fewer toxins will be reabsorbed from the intestinal tract into the liver, and helps to avoid or minimize any detox symptoms, including hunger, that may arise during the actual juice cleanse. Read More!
Note: If you choose not to perform colon hydrotherapy, that’s OK, you can still move toxins through the colon with our Intestinal detox drink. Use this product once a day during the first few days of your preparation.
4.Consider cleansing your liver and gallbladder of hardened bile congestion and toxic fatty debris with JuiceMedica’s Liver & Gallbadder Juice flush. The Liver and Gallbladder juice flush is the fastest and easiest way to support the body’s cleansing and detoxification abilities. Cleansing the liver and gallbladder makes certain that there is no recycling of toxins from the liver into the system, ensuring that the released toxins are being swiftly eliminated. This should ideally be done at least four or five days before the juice cleanse, and followed with a colon hydrotherapy session. To make an appointment with a certified Colon hydrotherapist, call our wellness center at 610-664-5231. Read More!
5.To support the body’s detoxification process and relieve any negative symptoms, consider healthy amount of physical activity and additional detox techniques. These include exercise like walking, stretching, yoga, bouncing on a rebounder (mini-trampoline), and dry skin brushing or sweating with steam or sauna will help stimulate the movement of lymphatic fluid throughout the body and support the skin to release toxins.
6.Try to go to sleep by 10 p.m. and rise by 7 a.m., so you can feel rested, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
During the Actual Juice Cleanse
Now that you have adequately prepared for your cleanse, it’s time to get started. The program couldn’t be easier to follow, with a full day supply of six delicious, individually numbered, nutritional juices; you don’t need to worry about what to eat next. The key to success is to consume one bottle of each juice every 2-3 hours during the course of the day, while staying strictly away from food and snacks. By giving your body a continuous supply of naturally occurring nutrients it helps stave off hunger and makes the period of going without solid food more tolerable. Begin the program when you wake up in the morning with Juice No.1, followed by No.2, and so forth until you finish the last bottle. Here’s a 1-day protocol you can follow for each day of your juice cleanse, followed by a few helpful tips to maximize the benefits of the cleanse. Of course this is just a rough outline, and you can change the times of the day that fits your personal schedule.
8:00 am – Drink a large glass of warm purified spring water (with a splash of lemon juice) directly after getting up in the morning.
9:00 am – Juice No 1
11am – Juice No 2
1 pm – Juice No3
3 pm – Juice No 4
4 pm – Drink a large glass of warm purified water (with 4 capsules of Mag-S04, see helpful hints below.
6 pm – Juice No 5
8 pm – Juice No 6
9 pm – Soup broth / Liver broth (See resource, optional)
Helpful Tips for a Safe and Effective Juice Cleanse Experience
•Since our Juices are free of additives, preservatives and stabilizers and the juices are raw and undiluted, it best to keep our juices refrigerated at all times to maintain freshness and preserve their nutritional value. Juices should be consumed within 4 days after receiving them, even if they are properly cooled. If you want to cleanse at work or on a trip, we recommend ordering our thermal travel bag which will keep the products cool for more than two hours.
•To ensure optimum digestion of carbohydrates in the juice, be sure to swish the juices around in your mouth to mix with saliva before swallowing. Try not to gulp your juice down too quickly; sip it slowly.
•Try colon hydrotherapy to give your system a good clean out, if you’re constipated. Most times, the gut is the source of much of the circulating toxins and should be addressed first. Normal bowel movement is crucial to keep the colon clean and ensuring that you won’t reabsorb the toxins released during your cleanse. The whole experience is comfortable and pleasant, and always leaves people feeling lighter, cleaner, and more refreshed. The other option is to use Mag-S04 capsules with 1-2 glasses of warm water or use internal salt water bath composed of two level teaspoons of un-iodized sea salt dissolved in one quart lukewarm water. The entire quart is to be taken on an empty stomach. Total elimination can be expected within an hour or two, and sometimes even more quickly. Multiple eliminations may occur. The salt water purge will quickly flush the toxins released during the cleanse.
• Engage only in light to moderate exercise – either a brisk 20-minute walk or 3-5 minutes session on the rebounder. This helps keep the blood moving and is particularly useful for stimulating your lymph drainage system, thereby moving those toxins out! But make sure to avoid strenuous exercise.
• Keep the body well –hydrated. Drink extra water to ensure that the liver and kidney pathways are helping flush the toxins from the system via the urine. This can be accomplished by drinking 1.5 liters of pure, alkaline spring water per day.
• Try to use only natural and chemical-free cosmetic and household cleaning products from local natural food markets. On these days, it’s important not to add any additional toxins to your body!
• Avoid Electro Magnetic Radiation (EMR). The more toxic a person is the more susceptible there is to disturbance from EMR, an inductor effect, thus items such as cell phones and wifi exposure must be kept to a minimum.
• For some, particularly those with an addiction to caffeinated drinks, juice cleansing can occasionally produce some discomfort or symptoms to flare-up because more toxins are being released than can be bound and excreted. Some possible symptoms include headache; fatigue; irritability; nausea; constipation; skin eruptions; rashes; light-headedness; foggy thinking; and mild depression. Don’t lose heart, try to combine our other complementary suggestions with ample rest and you will soon feel better. If, however, you cannot easily cope with the symptom or if it doesn’t resolve, it’s best to stop and re-evaluate the protocol.
• As the body’s largest organ of elimination, the skin allows toxins to escape from the body. To facilitate circulation and toxic elimination through the skin, use a ‘dry brush’ to massage your entire body before getting into the shower. Use a circular motion and work toward the heart. Then shower or bathe. Use a natural bristle wooden brush
• Take a warm bath with Epsom salt added with essential oils to soothe, relax and detox. Additionally you may rub on the salt with warm, wet wash cloth in bath or shower-very invigorating.
• Try to do a hot sauna/cold shower/hot sauna routine, if you own your own sauna (see sauna cabins) or if you belong to a gym. This is quite tough, but it is very invigorating! You’ll feel like a million bucks when you’re done.
• If you are craving for food and are struggling to stick to the cleanse, the worst mistake that you can make is to gorge on a big steak or pizza. This can leave you feeling constipated, bloated, and sluggish, and, most importantly, it can jeopardize your commitment to achieve better health, happiness, and vitality. While the juice cleanse is designed to replace solid meals and snacks, if you really must eat something, then try consuming warm herbal tea or some low sodium vegetable broth (see resource page). Eat a few slices of cucumber, celery sticks or a quarter of an avocado.
• Get sufficient, restful sleep (be sure to be at bed by 10pm and sleep for 7 to 8 hours per night)
Post-cleanse maintenance period
Now that you have given your body a chance to focus its energy on purification rather than breaking down foods for digestion, we want to make sure you incorporate and practice the habits learned to your daily life. The post maintenance period will help keep you on track and maximize the benefits of the program.
Keep in mind that how you end a juice cleanse is just as important as sticking to the plan itself. Be sure to introduce healthy foods back into the diet slowly so not to overload your liver and your digestion system too quickly. The first meal after a juice cleanse may consist of a rolled oats with flax seed and shredded apple, salad and steamed vegetables with lemon juice dressing, accompanied by warm water with lemon or herbal tea. The second meal could consist of a salad plus a fresh vegetable soup with small vegetables pieces such as celery, broccoli or spinach, plus a little brown rice or quinoa. The same items may be repeated for dinner – or steamed or pureed vegetables may be substituted for the soup. On the second day, try some cooked buckwheat or quinoa topped with chopped prunes with herbal green tea. Lunch might consist of juice, salad, and brown rice. By dinner of the second day, a potato and baked or broiled fish, chicken, or turkey may be added. On the third day, stick to anything listed above, plus the pre-cleanse diet while avoiding sugar, sweets, white flour products, potato chips, chocolate, coffee, and soft drinks. Ending a juice cleanse too quickly, with the wrong foods, can put an extra load on the body and cancel the benefits gained. This is very important to keep in mind.
Try to keep your servings small, eat slowly, and chew your food very well. Remember to eat in moderation. The more you eat a core diet of fresh, wholesome foods, while ensuring your body is cleansed with an occasional day of juice fasting (ideally once per week) and colon hydrotherapy the easier it will be to break bad health habits and replace them with good one.
Here are some beneficial tips for achieving and maintaining a Healthy lifestyle for the long-term:
1. Stay committed to improving your eating habits and lifestyle by making healthier choices.
2.Cleanse your liver twice a year with Juicemedica’s Liver & Gallbladder juice flush during each change of season.
3.Maintain healthy bowel movements (daily!). If constipated, clean your colon through colon hydrotherapy to safeguard the liver against toxins generated in the large intestine.
4.Cook and eat at home as much as possible. A diet that consists of ancestral, non-candida promoting foods, such as fresh, whole, raw foods that could be consumed exactly as they are found in nature. Eat foods that are minimally processed, such as lightly steaming vegetables, cooking meats rare and soft boiling eggs. If at all possible, obtain foods from organic sources. Snack on twice as many vegetables as fruits.
5.Sweat with hot therapeutic bath, steam or sauna one or twice a week, to reduce the effects of exposure to internal and external toxins.
6.Skip the second cup of coffee and opt for tea instead.
7. Exercise at least 20 minutes 3-4 times a week – balance between aerobic (running, bicycling, swimming) and anaerobic (weight-bearing) and stretching (yoga)
8. Expose as much of the skin as possible to sun, especially before 11AM and after 4PM, every day for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
9. Maintain good dental hygiene, work with a holistic dentist, and remove all amalgam fillings.
10. Use supplementation based on biological individuality.
11. Minimize all exposure to negative electromagnetic fields that disturb the body’s natural electrical processes (unnatural and destructive to the body’s physiology). This includes TV, laptop/desktop computers, wired and wireless internet, cell phones and wireless phones, cable, satellite, fiber optics, and other electronics. Cleaning up electromagnetic stress in one home is a must: switch off bedroom electric circuits at night. No cordless phones. Keep bedroom as dark and quit as possible. De-install the near-by cell phone tower. No TV or computer work at night. For more information about EMF-protective devices please visit www.memonyourserenity.com
12. Breathe fresh air and take plenty of deep breaths. Change your residence and occupation if the air is toxic and do all that is possible to purify the indoor environment.
13. Minimize exposure to key toxic agents, including heavy metals, agricultural chemicals and pesticides, solvents, cleaning agents and other chemicals, in your environment.
14. Drink fresh, clean water, artesian spring water ideally.
15. Get quality sleep. Practicing good sleep hygiene can help you get the quality sleep you need. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco in the evening (at least 4 hours before bed if not avoiding altogether). Avoid electronic devices like cell phones and computers for at least 1 hour before going to bed. Go to bed around the same time each night, even on the weekend. Sleep in a room that is quit, dark, cool, and comfortable. If you can’t fall asleep, use a relaxation method as part of your bedtime routine (meditation, warm bath, soothing music, etc.).
16. Eat well as much as possible. A diet that consists of ancestral, non-candida promoting foods, such as fresh, whole, raw foods that could be consumed exactly as they are found in nature. Eat foods that are minimally processed, such as lightly steaming vegetables, cooking meats rare and soft boiling eggs. If at all possible, obtain foods from organic sources.
17. If illness strikes, seek the causes – not the consequences. Apply non-invasive natural medicine, including a juice fast combined with appropriate detoxification remedies is a good first option. This allows the body to focus on healing, and not on something else. Before submitting to drastic medical intervention, seek a second opinion from a credible alternative physician. Do not expect immediate cures for ailments that have lingered for years or have developed over decades. Be patient and confident that your informed approach is correct.
18. Remove stress caused by situations in which you feel hopeless and helpless. You must always live your life in such a way that you feel in control. Make a conscious effort to maintain a constant positive attitude and do things that you enjoy more often. Learn and practice relaxation techniques (meditate, write in journal or read, practice breathing work, yoga). Seek positive and like-minded people that bring happiness, inspiration, motivation, peace and a sense of self-worth. Practice forgiveness and gratitude.
19. Be always open to and seek knowledge. Discovery is a continuously unfolding process. Be committed to truth and self-improvement, trust that your life holds considerable importance.
To read more, continue scrolling down